Virtual Doula Services
Educating and supporting families in the SF Bay Area… and globally!
I am so excited to finally be able to offer my Doula Services remotely! What does this mean exactly?
In today’s uncertainty of social distancing, mandated sheltering in and limited partners in hospital labor and birth units there are no guarantee’s that you will be able to have a doula physically present with you. But you still deserve the nurturing, compassion and experience of a doula that has been proven to improve birth outcomes.
I am prepared and practiced at supporting you virtually.
What I Offer
- One of the most experienced and professional certified doulas and doula trainers.
- The knowledge that comes with decades of experience and expertise from birthing in hospitals for over 20 years.
- Guidance and support enhanced by education that is Evidence Based and well honed with 20 years of training doulas and 16 years of teaching Lamaze classes.
- Evidence-based childbirth education classes through my online platform.
Why a virtual doula?
Maybe you need guidance and suggestions for birth and postpartum but don’t necessarily desire someone present.
Maybe you’re not sure you need to to have someone in the room with you but still find it essential to have the support and guidance that a doula can provide.
Or maybe you’re not sure you will be allowed to have someone present in the room and find that quite intimidating and could greatly benefit from the support of a virtual doula.
I can fill these needs!
- Strength, compassion and unconditional support for your unique birth and your unique goals.
- Educating and guiding your partner to be the support that you need and they are capable of.
- Birth preparation in breathing, comfort measures, positioning and most importantly…what does it take for you to feel safe?
- Preparing you to prepare your birth space so that you feel comfortable and calmed wherever you are.
- The list goes on…
Virtual services differ from traditional in that all of our communication happens via Skype, Facetime or Zoom.
There is no hands-on support but you get the instruction and benefit of having one on one emotional support to answer questions/walk you through what you’re experiencing.
- Free 30 minute interview/consultation to see if we’re a good fit.
- Three prenatal meetings (60-75 minutes each) to discuss optimal fetal positioning, prep for tests, birth plans, birth options, labor positions, breathing, options during your pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum and so much more.
- Available via phone and text with any questions regarding your labor and birth experience from the moment you hire me until weeks after birth.
- 24/7 on call support from the moment you hire me until baby is born.
- Facetime, Skype, text or phone call availability during labor to help assist with birth options, answer questions and help deciding when it is time to go to your hospital or birth center.
- An unbiased sounding board with NO agenda when medical decisions are being made.
- During labor offering support for you and your partner with comfort measures, breathing, decision making and everything else that happens in labor.
- Ongoing postpartum support to help you figure out if “it’s normal” or time to call some support in.
- Access to my online childbirth class through BABE (a $250 value) – you don’t have to look elsewhere or pay more for a top-notch childbirth class.
- Access to my extensive google drive of birthing prep videos.