In today’s uncertainty of social distancing, mandated sheltering in and limited partners in hospital labor and birth units there are no guarantee’s that you will be able to have a doula physically present with you. But you still deserve the nurturing, compassion and experience of a doula that has been proven to improve birth outcomes.
I am prepared and practiced at supporting you virtually.
What I Offer
- One of the most experienced and professional certified doulas and doula trainers.
- The knowledge that comes with decades of experience and expertise from birthing in hospitals for over 20 years.
- Guidance and support enhanced by education that is Evidence Based and well honed with 20 years of training doulas and 16 years of teaching Lamaze classes.
- Evidence-based childbirth education classes through my online platform.
Why a virtual doula?
Maybe you need guidance and suggestions for birth and postpartum but don’t necessarily desire someone present.
Maybe you’re not sure you need to to have someone in the room with you but still find it essential to have the support and guidance that a doula can provide.
Or maybe you’re not sure you will be allowed to have someone present in the room and find that quite intimidating and could greatly benefit from the support of a virtual doula.
I can fill these needs!
- Strength, compassion and unconditional support for your unique birth and your unique goals.
- Educating and guiding your partner to be the support that you need and they are capable of.
- Birth preparation in breathing, comfort measures, positioning and most importantly…what does it take for you to feel safe?
- Preparing you to prepare your birth space so that you feel comfortable and calmed wherever you are.
- The list goes on…
Virtual services differ from traditional in that all of our communication happens via Skype, Facetime or Zoom.
There is no hands-on support but you get the instruction and benefit of having one on one emotional support to answer questions/walk you through what you’re experiencing.